7 Ways School Leaders can Reconnect with Parents during COVID
For school leaders working in these demanding and chaotic circumstances, the pressure is relentless, the options are limited. In a time of crisis, leaders must act swiftly and with foresight but also with careful consideration of options, consequences and side effects of actions taken.
1. Quick & Effective communication with parents (Online/App). Do not use WhatsApp
- Communicate frequently with the help of online classes and Lernio. This will create a healthy relation among the parents and the school. Doing this right will help you retain families so you can emerge stronger. Strengthening trust by welcoming transparent and frequent dialogue.
- Schools need a tool beyond chat. On WhatsApp, multiple groups create a lot of confusion. Privacy is not there as numbers are seen by everyone.
2. Managing Online classes
- Assign an App for online classes like Zoom, Google classroom etc.
- Assign them individual or collaborative work.
- Assess learnersí understanding, make changes in the teaching strategy to improve overall learning.
- Provide individual learners with feedback on their work for further development.
This is custom heading element
- Encourages a close relation among teachers, parents and students.
- Share cognitive and affective development based on classroom observation.
- Learn from parents and guardians.
- Discuss issues that may be interfering with studentsí learning and growth.
4. Showcase the positives/ achievements/ activities
- Words of inspiration are just one of the many ways to motivate students.
- Sending a note, email, or text to a studentís parent or guardian will give the student a sense of pride that their teacher has taken the time to share something they have done well in class.
- Displaying students work in the class is an excellent way to celebrate their efforts.
- Create a one or two-minute video highlighting pictures of projects and classroom happenings.
- Feature interviews with students.
5. Curriculum and its progress showcased
- Inculcate the pedagogy of the school.
- Develop lively and enquiring minds.
- Developing the pupilís awareness of the spiritual, moral, social & cultural
diversity of the world.
- Examples of work can be found on our school app.
6. Progress Reports and Certificates shared via App.
- Share Monthly, Half Yearly and Final Progress through App.
- Encourage students by giving certificates for excellence as well as for
7. Parent Desk
- Parents can share their queries through school app where their queries are answered.