How to overcome examination fear and anxiety
Fear usually leads to stress, thus developing anxiety and depression in students. This ultimately results in performing poorly in exams.
Exam fear is one of the common things which you can find in every student who is going to attend exams. Some of the main reasons are stress and expectations from parents and teachers.
5 tips to overcome exam fear and to reduce anxiety
- Start revising early: Start revision two days before the exam and a night before the exam should be kept for relaxation and students should try to meditate to keep calm and just go through formulas and equations a night before the exam.
- Make your own time table: Â Every individual is different and one should make their own timetable or routine of studying hours keeping their potential in view.
- Mix subjects: It is advisable to make routine and dedicate some time to each subject daily or on alternate days to create a balance.
- Allocate time for breaks: It is important to take a break after every hour or so, to relax your body. Try to stretch your body, drink water/juice during the break to rejuvenate the body.
- Sleep Well: Â A minimum of 8-9 hours of sleep is necessary to relax the body and mind.